Friday, July 19, 2013

Simple pin-board DIY

This past month I have been making an effort to spend less money and make use of the things that I have by turning them into what I want or need. (My bank account is thanking me for this) I have had this 12" by 12" picture frame left over from a collage that a person whom I am no longer friends with (that sounds way more dramatic than it is) had made for me, of course I got rid of the pictures but was left with a nice frame, unsure of how best to use it. I had also been wanting to get a nice bulletin board, so I thought why not turn the frame into one. 
I was quite pleased with how it came out.

To make this you will need:
-one 12"x12" picture frame

-four 6"x6" cork tiles
-a form of adhesive (hot glue, double sided tape, etc.) (the cork tiles came with double sided adhesives)
-push pins

Here are the steps I used to make the cork board:
1. Measure the frame's depth to make sure that thet cork is thin enough to put the back of the frame onto. 
2. Take the back of the frame off and check that the tiles will fit onto it. If they do not trim them accordingly. 
3. Adhere the tiles to the back of the frame.
4. Place the back onto the frame and secure the metal clips 
5. VoilĂ ! You've got a board ready to be filled with inspiration, photos, reminders, or anything in between.


No comments:

Post a Comment