Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Current Read: Looking for Alaska

Hi lovely! I find that sometimes I have to remind myself how much I actually enjoy reading. In these technology filled times I find that sometimes it is nice to look away from the screens and into a book. Not an iBook or an eBook, a physical book. (I do appreciate the smell of a brand new book) I feel like when in school some people loose their love of reading after they are forced to read books that do not interest them or that are just as fun to read as watching grass grow. (No offense to anyone who finds grass growing fun) I have revived my love for reading over the past few months and I must say that it feels quite nice.


 Currently I am read "Looking for Alaska" by John Green. I chose to read this book after hearing people talk about it online. I had never read any of his books before so I was unsure if I would like them or not. I am a little over halfway through the book and I really like it. I'm finding some aspects of the story relatable and very real. I'm planning on reading "The Fault in Our Stars" as soon as I finish this one I have heard amazing things about it. I will leave the summary of "Looking for Alaska" below. If you are looking for a book to read, give this one a go! Have a nice rest of the week! Xx

Summary:
Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. Then he heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.After. Nothing is ever the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment