Sunday, February 2, 2014

Barbie Girl

Hello! I hope your weekend was enjoyable. I was scrolling through bloglovin earlier (you should follow me if you don't already, just click the button on the right) and I came across a post of suggestions for types of things to make posts about. One of them was to do a "Share a Collection", so I began thinking if I had any collections. I think that I do, but not on purpose, I have just accumulated certain things over the years. So for this post I decided I'd share a somewhat mini collection with you (no pun intended).


Growing up I can definitely say that I was a fan of Barbies and now that I am older, I am still a fan but in a more "sophisticated" way. (Ooo yes sophistication) I know that Barbie has gotten flack from time to time but overall, I think that the brand has done a wonderful job of staying true to what she is meant to be and creating quality products. I love vintage looking Barbie items, my favorites being the Robert Best Barbie sketches. They are so chic, I wish I could draw like him! 


I have note cards with this classy lady on the front as well as a print, which I framed. I love this print! Her dress is made from all different bits of Barbies from the past. 


My mom also kindly gave me her old Barbie paper dolls. "Vintage, so adorable." They were made in the 60s and although it appears Barbie has had a knee surgery or two, they are super cute. 


Last but not least is my vintage Barbie doll. My mom got this for me for Christmas a few years ago. It is made to look like the dolls from 1959. Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment