Sunday, February 9, 2014

DIY Photo Booth Valentines

Hi lovely reader! I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend. Hopefully you are aware that next Friday is Valentine's Day! I always like to try and do something creative as far as valentines are concerned and this year is no exception. These valentines are not only aesthetically pleasing but also functional!  


You will need:
-colored card stock (red, black, white)
-a hot glue gun
-red and black sharpies
-wooden skewers
-scissors

I'm going to show you how to make the pennant one, but you can use these same steps to make any of the others as well. 
First fold the paper in half and draw a triangle so that the crease is on the left. 
Next cut the triangle out so that you have a triangle shaped card. 
Then write whatever you want on the front. I chose "Mon Petit" which means "My Little" because it is a nickname I have for one of my friends and it looks cute:)
Now take one of the skewers and place it in the card, make creases around where you want the skewer to be. 
Finally take the hot glue gun and make a line of glue in the crease, place the skewer in the glue and hold it for about a minute, allowing the glue to set. 
Now you can write a nice message inside and your valentine will be complete! 


I also made some other ones, using the same steps. I found the shapes from templates online, except for the last one which I created myself. 
Nice cheeky lip bite for a cheeky friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment