Thursday, May 15, 2014

Spring Makeup Routine | Drugstore Makeup

Hi there lovely reader! Today I am going to share a spring makeup routine of mine which involves all drug store brands. It is extremely simple and light. I think as it gets closer to summer daytime makeup looks should become lighter. This look is good too for those who are not bold or willing enough to go all natural (which I know is on trend right now, #nomakeupselfie), haven't been that bold myself so I'll just stick to this for now. So have a scroll and see if it's something you like, I wasn't planning on giving exact names of products or shades just because the colors are not that difficult to find in whatever brand you prefer. If you would like to know a specific though just let me know in the comments and I'd be happy to tell you! 


I do my eye makeup first, I know in some people's eyes that's completely wrong and I should be ashamed but that's just how I prefer to do things. 
First I apply eyeshadow primer on my lids and a bit on to the crease of my lid. 


Then I use a light champagne color that has some shimmer and apply it to my lid.


Next, I take a dark brown and apply it to the crease of my eye.


I then use a darker color, this can be any shade that you like, for me currently I love this dark purple and apply it to the outer corners of my eyes. I know that the purple may not seem like a "light look" but it really isn't that dark and it adds shape and depth to the eye. I then take a fluffy shadow brush and blend. I pull the brown from the crease up and then the dark corner shade out. 



Then I curl my eyelashes and use a black eyeliner, followed by mascara on my top and bottom lashes. I then take a white eyeliner and apply it to my lower water line. This gives the illusion of bigger eyes. (Ooo ya big eyes trick)


Now this combination may seem a bit pointless, a moisture filled product and a stay matte product. Let me explain, I use the BB cream more like concealer (under my eyes and on any red spots). I do not apply it to my T zone which is where I have oily skin. I use the stay matte foundation in my t zone and only my t zone, everything else remains bare.


Then I apply a some powder, again only on my T zone. 


Next some bronzer to contour my cheek bones.


Finally I apply this blush/highlighter to my cheekbones.


To finish off the look I like to add a spritz of some floral perfume!


2 comments:

  1. I love the colour of the eye shadow! You have a lovely blog :) x

    www.thatblondebrit.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice because it's subtle yet enhances the eyes. Thank you! Xx

      Delete