Saturday, May 31, 2014

Read All About It

Hi there lovely reader! How are you on this fine Saturday? I hope you are doing well and are getting to experience some summer wherever you are! Today I wanted to share some nice books that I got recently. As you know from my "Current Read" posts, I love reading. I also love being inspired and these three books are full of information, inspiration, and of course fashion!


So the first book I want to share with you is "The Craft" by Lou Teasdale. This book is so cool. I really admire Lou, her career and her style, so when I heard she had a book coming out, I was eager to read it!


It's full of alternative hair, makeup, and nail tutorials. In the book Lou also shares her tips of getting into the industry. Even if your not fully into some of the alternative looks, it's still a fun book to look at. There are Polaroid-esque pictures and funky illustrations that fill the pages.


The next book I had seen all over social media and read great things about it, so I had to give it a go! The book is "#GIRLBOSS" by Sophia Amoruso


If you don't already know, Sophia is the founder and CEO of the amazing brand Nasty Gal. The book is divided into sections, each beginning with an illustration and a quote. (Obviously won me over instantly) Sophia writes, “I have three pieces of advice I want you to remember: Don’t ever grow up. Don’t become a bore. Don’t let The Man get to you. OK? Cool.  Then let’s do this.” 


The final book is written by another person I admire so much. She's the epitome of glamour. The book is "Living in Style" by Rachel Zoe. 


This book is so well written and absolutely stunning. There a professional photos as well as personal photos that Rachel Zoe shares. 


 
What fashion books are you loving? Have you read any of these gems? Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment