Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Best Cookies

Hello everyone! For this post I'm going to share one of my favorite cookies recipes. I first saw these cookies in a video by Tanya Burr. I thought they looked delicious so I searched the web to find the actual recipe. It turns out they are based off of Ben's Cookies. There were a few different versions of the recipe so I'm going to give you the one that seemed to work the best for me. The measurements may seem a bit random but that's because I converted them from grams to teaspoons (tsp) and tablespoons (T). Hope you give these a go and enjoy them as much as I do!

Ingredients: (Makes about 16 cookies)
-14T butter
-1 1/3 cup baker's sugar
-1 egg
-1 1/4 cup self-rising flour
-5T 1 1/2 tsp cocoa
-1 splash of milk
-3 chocolate bars

First place softened butter into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix the two until it is creamy. 

Then add one egg and mix well. Next, gradually add the flour and mix after each addition. Add the cocoa, also mixing well after each addition. Pour a splash of milk into the dough and mix. 

Now for the chocolate bars! Break them into bite size pieces and fold them into the dough. I wouldn't recommend mixing them in because then it breaks up the chocolate and you won't have the gooey chunks to bite into after they have been baked:) 

After folding in the chocolate, you can use a scoop, a spoon, or your hand to make balls of dough a little larger than a golf ball (obviously you can make them bigger depending on how large you would like them) and place them on foil covered tins. The cookies tend to spread so make sure to leave space between them!

Place them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. I find that they are done at around 11 minutes. 

When you take them out, they will appear not done but let them sit for 2 minutes before removing them from the trays and they will be done. Now all that's left is to enjoy these delicious cookies! 


No comments:

Post a Comment