Saturday, May 17, 2014

Current Read: The Fault In Our Stars

Hi lovely reader! How have you been? Today I'm going to do a post similar to one I did a couple months ago about "Looking for Alaska", only this time I have read the entire book so I can give you my full recommendation and opinion. So, this book has become very popular recently seeing as there is a movie coming out June 6 based on it. The book I am talking about it "The Fault In Our Stars" by John  Green. I read this book a month a go and I can honestly say that it is one of the best books I have ever read. No I'm not just saying that because the movies coming out or because it's the popular thing to do on the web right now, I truly love this book. It offers a side to illness and terminal illness that is full of truth, acceptance, and even humor. I can honestly say that it has affected my view on life and terminal illnesses. If anything it reminds us how grateful we are each day to be alive! So, if your thinking about reading this book, do it! I just bought myself a copy which I am going to reread and highlight my favorite quotes as I go. Yes it is emotional and deep at times, but it is also full of humor and wit. I am very quickly becoming quite the John Green fan and I am planning on reading some of his other books this summer. So I'll say it again, if your contemplating reading this book, go for it!


"Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten."


Have you read this book? What did you think? Any books you're loving? Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment