Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mother's Day | TBT

Hi lovely reader! Today I thought I'd do a throwback to a couple of Sunday's ago when it was  Mother's Day. This day is special to me as I am very close to my mom and she means the world to me. I've found that as I've gotten older and certain events have come up in life that I've began to take Mother's Day more seriously, meaning that I put the extra effort in to make it a special day for my mom, and remind her how much I love and appreciate her. I decided after this year that I am going to make a point to be with my mom on this day or an elected "Mother's Day" each year. Seeing as I went away to school, this year was to be the first year that I would not automatically be with her. However, I called my dad and we made arrangements that I would come in town and surprise her. So with flowers in hand I knocked on my back door an obnoxious amount of times and surprised the lovely women I call my mother. She was thrilled and said she had no idea, so the surprise was a success! On Sunday, we had a barbecue with at my house with my grandparents. The weather was super nice and we spent the afternoon sitting outside on the patio. I took a bunch of pictures that day, mostly personal ones, but I wanted to share some with you! 


(I saw this on tumblr and thought it was too cute not the share)

First, here is what I wore, I wanted to keep it comfy and casual but still look nice. Paisley printed pants, a white t-shirt, and tasseled sandals. I curled my hair and pinned it in a halo braid, and kept my jewelry minimal with some triangle earrings and a coordinate bangle bracelet. 

We started off the morning with some warm, flaky, icing covered cinnamon rolls. Yes! 

The lovely flowers for my lovely mom!

How did you celebrate Mother's Day? Xx




No comments:

Post a Comment