Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Healthy Summer Sweet-Tooth Satisfier | Frozen Yogurt Bars

Hi lovely reader! One of my favorite things to do on a hot summer evening is drive about 5 minutes to my families favorite local ice cream spot. They have every flavor and topping imaginable from fresh strawberries and hot fudge to cinnamon apples and caramel. While this is not something I would ever stop doing completely, there are those days where I still have a craving for something cold and sweet but feel I should probably go for something a little bit more healthy. So this recipe that I am going to share with you is just that! I originally saw it on the back of a box of Honey Maid graham crackers and thought it looked quick, simple, and delicious so I gave it a go.

I was pleased with the end result, as was my family, and it has become my go to for when I get an after dinner hankering for a little dessert. I also like this recipe because it is extremely customizable, you can change the Greek yogurt flavors, the fruits, and add other mix ins such as mini chocolate chips, chocolate sauce, caramel, etc. I made strawberry chocolate chip ones and they were excellent! So follow this simple recipe and you will have some delicious fruity frozen yogurt bars!
































You will need: 
-1 cup vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt (or whatever flavor you would like them to be)
-1 cup thawed frozen reduced-fact whipped topping
-1/2 cup sliced strawberries
-1/2 cup chopped bananas
-1/4 cup blueberries
-12 whole graham crackers

1. Chop up the fruits into fine pieces, depending on how big you would like the fruit chunks to be. Then spoon the fruit into a bowl and stir in the yogurt and whipped topping.

2. Line a pan of your choosing (for me I used two bread loaf pans) with aluminum foil with the foil ends extending over the sides. Break each graham cracker in half arrange them in the pan. Spoon the yogurt mixture on top of each half and then top it with the other half of the graham crackers. Repeat this until you have used all of your mixture, separating each laver of sandwiches with aluminum foil.

3. Freeze for 4 hours (it's okay to freeze them for longer, just be sure to let them sit out for a bit to thaw out some before serving). Then you are ready to enjoy!

Do you have a summer sweet tradition or a go to treat? Xx




No comments:

Post a Comment