Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dried Flowers DIY

Hi there lovely reader! Today I thought I'd share a little DIY that I recently tried.


I love flowers! I think that they can really add something to a room. Not only do they look nice, but they smell nice too. We all know that they don't last forever, they wilt and die, and that's that. So, I wanted to try to dry out some flowers that I was given for my birthday. They were also the backdrop for my March quote. I will leave the link that I used to learn how to dry the flowers. It has a step by step guide and even little video loops.  You can take a look at that and I'll also tell you what I did. I didn't end up drying all the flowers because some of them were beginning to look bad. What I did do though was use the petals.


I picked the petals off of three or four of the flowers and placed them on a paper towel on a baking sheet. I then took the flowers that I was going to dry, and followed these steps. I let both the petals and the flowers dry for about a week. 


I sprinkled the petals in the bottom of a glass jar. Then I took the flowers and cut them down to size, I arranged them somewhat by color, the lighter and smaller ones on the bottom and the bright bigger flowers on top. 


Personally I really like how it turned out. It's simple and sweet looking. I definitely want to try drying flowers again this spring! Have you dried flowers before? Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment