Saturday, July 4, 2015

Pineapple Print Canvas | DIY

Hiya lovely reader! It is a beautiful sunny day today and I am loving it! Now as many of you may know for some odd reason that I certainly do not understand, pineapples have become all the rage! Now I don't mean eating them, I mean in clothes, shoes, accessories, homeware, if you want something with a pineapple on it, you should have no problem finding it these days! They're EVERYWHERE! Personally, I don't understand the obsession but I do have a friend who has jumped on the spiky fruity bandwagon, and happens to have a birthday this month, which leads to the idea for the ultimate "pineapple print canvas DIY". Let's begin! 


You will need:
-a square canvas (size being up to you)
-acrylic paints (at least three colors, two for the background and one for the pineapple)
-sponge paint brushes
-a ruler
-painters tape
-a pineapple stencil (I found mine online, printed it on card stock, and cut it out to the size of the square sections on my canvas) 

The first thing that you are going to need to do is measure and divide the canvas into four even squares. 

Then, decide where you want to start and mark off your first square with painters tape. 

Next, take your first color choice and paint the square. (Depending on the color, you may want to allow the layer to dry and add more paint) I gave each of my background colors three coats. 

When you are sure that the square is COMPLETELY dry, take off the tape and mark the next square, repeating the steps above.

Once all the squares are dry, take your stencil and lay it on top. For this part, I highly recommend either taping the stencil down or having someone hold it down so that the stencil doesn't shift and create smudges. 

Once you have a steady stencil, dip a sponge in the paint color of your choice (I chose white) and begin to dap at the stencil. Be sure to dab in a vertical motion so that the paint does not sneak under the stencil. 

Repeat this a couple times, again, allow it to fully dry, BEFORE removing the stencil. 

Do this for each of squares. 

And there you have it, a perfect pineapple picture for anyone who's smitten with this funky trend!

What do you make of this pineapple craze? Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment