Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Reflecting on Life & Relaxing in Central Park | New York Photo Diary

Hey lovely reader! I can officially say that this is part 3 out of 4 for my "New York Photo Diary" posts. If you haven't seen the first two, "Chelsea, Cupcakes, and Challis" and "Gossip Girl, Gyros, & Great Food" go check them out after having a scroll through today's post! These pictures are from some of the last few days of the trip and include visiting the 9/11 Memorial, the Flatiron District, and Central Park. 


On this day, we visited the 9/11 Memorial which was a very surreal experience. It definitely made me take a moment and reflect on how fortunate I am. While there and seeing all the names I couldn't help but think about how there were so many other people there visiting and how to me, I don't know any of the people listed but how someone who is standing right next to me may know that name that lies in front of them. My thoughts and prayers are forever with everyone who was affected on that day. We had also planned on going inside and seeing the museum but unfortunately they stop entrance to the museum at 6pm. So fair warning, even if you have bought your tickets in advance, they will not let anyone in past six. It was a shame that we didn't get to go in, but the memorial in itself was definitely a moment I will never forget. 

Flatiron Building
The last day, we dedicated to Central Park which is huge! It is far more spread out than I imagined. This was one of my favorite days because the weather was gorgeous and we were able to just relax and explore the park, have some lunch, and really take it all in. 





We had lunch at this adorably chic restaurant just off the Great Lawn called "Le Pain Quotidien". The food was delicious and so photogenic. 





Felt so Americana eating my Bombpop in the middle of Central Park

Shout out to the dog walkers who were everywhere

Gorgeous rooftop view.

Have you been to Central Park? Have a favorite spot? Xx






No comments:

Post a Comment