Friday, January 3, 2014

Just one of those days

Hello everyone, this is officially my first blog post of 2014! No it is not one where I'm going to list of what resolutions would be good to follow or recap everything that I did on the blog in 2013, it is more of a "this is how I'm feeling and I need somewhere to put it down in the hope that it will make me feel better" post. This is also one of the first more "personal" posts I guess you could say. Which is so ironic because I was going to try and be more optimistic this year. (Still will though) So come on into my room and have a seat on the floor as we discuss how we're feeling whilst sipping warm beverages and listening to calming music.
Do you ever have one of those days where your meant to be social? Where your supposed to get together with a  bunch of people and you've been looking forward to it for weeks but when the day actually comes you feel like you couldn't care less? Yes? Ok me too. I feel like that today, I've been looking forward to seeing people and hanging out for like two weeks now and today I feel really down. You know, one of those days where you don't want to put any makeup on and just want to wear leggings, a big sweatshirt and lay in bed, whilst scrolling through pages of pretty pictures or nice quotes (my go to site for this and where I found the pictures in this post), and listening to music. But you can't because you have to get things ready. 



So you go to your closet full of clothes and on any other day you'd feel like, "Right I'm going to where this with this and these shoes and rock it", but instead you think "I don't want to wear that, or that, I have nothing to wear!" Your confidence is at a low and you feel uninspired. 
So what do you do to get out of this mood? Do you just take some time and chill out or do you continue to prepare and when the time comes slap a smile on your face and hope that as the night goes on it will turn genuine? (Or you can write a blog post on it) 
The answers to these questions unfortunately I am still trying to figure out. Days like these are a complete internal struggle. I feel down but at the same time I feel bad that I feel this way today, I feel like if I have been looking forward to this day and then I feel like I don't care, I am wasting this day and that's something I would never want to do. I also try and tell myself though that it is okay to have days like this because you don't always have to have a good day and you won't always either. 


So I guess the point of me posting this is to let out what I've been going over with myself in my head but also so share it with you in case you're having one of those days today too. I cannot tell you how many times I have been having a bad day and read a blog post, see a picture with a quote or hear a song that is almost exactly how I am feeling, it gives me comfort and maybe this can for you too. (I don't know what I would do without the internet)
Sorry if it seemed like a bit of a downer post but that is life sometimes. So if your feeling extremely happy and optimistic today, fantastic! But if your not, it's ok. "Tomorrow will come, today will be gone, and so I put one foot in front of the other, one foot in front of the other,
and just keep walking on." Anyone now what that is from? I would be amazed if you did and if you do, prior to googling it, let me know!! Have a lovely day! Xx



This put a smile on my face and if you know where I can get one please do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment