Friday, October 2, 2015

Alessia Cara | Recent Discovery

Hiya lovely reader! Happy Friday and Happy October!! I don't know about you but I am ready to bust out some skinny jeans, cozy sweaters, and ankle boots. The past two days have been a nice taste of what is to come and I getting excited. So, my most recent discovery happened just yesterday, and she has quickly become my current fav. She is a singer by the name of Alessia Cara, she's 19, and her single "Here" is one that you may have heard on the radio recently.


Now, I had heard the song a few times and liked the sound but never really had a chance to listen to the lyrics. Fast forward to yesterday when I get a text from my best friend saying "Hey have you heard the song Here? I can totally relate to it and I think you would too." So of course then I have to look it up and she was right. This song is so spot on for me. I saw some people on Tumblr call it an "Anthem for Introverts"and as a member of that "club" I couldn't agree more.



After loving that song I listened to the rest of her EP "Four Pink Walls" and her sound is killer! She reminds me of a mix of Amy Winehouse with a mix of some modern day singers like Tori Kelley and Ed Sheeran. She also has some awesome covers out on YouTube, the one below being a personal favorite.


 

So I highly encourage you to check out her music, and follow her on Twitter and Instagram! (her instagram is on point) Are you an Alessia fan? Have you made any recent discoveries? Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment