Friday, December 27, 2013

Makeup Maintenance: Cleaning Brushes

With a new year coming comes a fresh start, I have been taking to that idea literally by cleaning and organizing! Cleaning my makeup brushes is something that I do way less than I should, so today I finally took the time to clean them, which quite honestly is not that hard to do because it doesn't take long to do, I just have been putting it off. (Should I read blogs or clean my makeup brushes...hmm) Today however I did not allow myself to get distracted and I even took pictures! So I figured I'd put them together in a little tutorial. Enjoy! 


You will need: 
-dirty makeup brushes
-baby shampoo
-an old towel
-lukewarm running water


I usually start out with the bigger brushes, so the first thing to do it put some shampoo in the palm of your hand (about the size of a quarter). 


Then, wet the brush under the faucet and place it in the shampoo, making small circles as if you were painting your palm. 


After you have "shampooed" your brush, continue painting circles, but this time do it underneath the faucet to rinse. You can also squeeze the brush from top to bottom to make sure you get as much of the water out as possible. Once you have finished that, take the old towel and roll one end of it up. Shape the bristles to how you want and put the brush facing downward against the roll. Leave it to dry. This will keep the water from going to the glue in the brush and ruining it. 


Repeat these steps for each of your brushes. As the brushes get smaller use less shampoo. A dime size of shampoo for the smaller brushes is what I would suggest. 


Hope this helps! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment