Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Holy Guacamole! | Healthy Recipes

Hiya lovely reader! I hope you are doing fabulous! I've been experiencing about two weeks of constant rain and it is starting to kill my summertime vibes. (I know for some people across the world, rain is a constant, so props to you all, I'd like to think it's more tolerable in some places) Anyway, being stuck inside has allowed me to get a lot of things done, many of which I will be sharing in upcoming posts. For today I wanted to share a great recipe I stumbled upon once again on Popsugar Fitness. Now as you may know if you follow my blog, I have been trying to find healthy recipes that offer a delicious alternative to sometimes not so healthy dishes. So with that being said, I am going to share a recipe today that is a lot lower in calories as well as fat. (who wouldn't want that) If I'm being honest, up until this last year, I never really gave guacamole a shot, don't know why but I never wished to try it or eat anything that contained it. Man was I missing out! Now I am quite the fan of some good guac. My new found love is also a bit saddening because my best friend always claimed she could make quite the guacamole, but of course now that I am a connoisseur, she no longer lives near me. Life. (insert sad and longing face here) But the show must go on! So grab your pita or chips or whatever you like to eat with guacamole and let's begin!



(the original recipe on the Popsugar Fitness website, says that it yields about 3 cups, I did half a recipe and still ended up with more than 1 1/2 cups, so the amount of each ingredient is based on the amount I made)

Ingredients
1 1/2 Medium Avocados
1 Cup of Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice
1/8 teaspoon of Lime Zest
1 Minced Clove of Garlic
1/3 Cup of Diced Red Onion
1/3 Cup of Diced Roma Tomatoes (I added a little bit more at the end for color and flavor)
1/2 teaspoon of Chopped JalapeƱos (I ended up adding a full teaspoon)
1/2 Tablespoon of Minced Cilantro
Dash of Salt



First you are going to want to slice your avocado and scoop out the inside. The video below is great if you are unsure of how to do so!




Next combine the flesh from the avocado with the greek yogurt and mash together.
Then add the lime juice, lime zest, and minced garlic to the bowl and mix well.


Next add the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and jalapeƱo and mix well.


Give it a taste to see if you'd like to add more of any ingredient, I threw in some more tomato and a dash of salt.


Enjoy!


What are your favorite summer time snacks? Feel free to share in the comments! Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment