Monday, June 29, 2015

Sew Simple | Laptop Sleeve DIY

Hello lovely reader! As mentioned in previous posts, I wanted to give myself the challenge and goal of learning to sew this summer. After a couple projects, I am quite pleased with my creations and my abilities with a sewing machine. For this post I wanted to share something that I feel I have somewhat mastered after making two that turned out great. It is a zippered laptop sleeve.


Now when I first got my laptop I really wanted a cute case, but after looking around endlessly online I couldn't find what I was looking for, and gave up the hunt for a while. Last week though, I was on my current favorite blog called Merrick's Art looking for something else to try and make. While scrolling, I stumbled upon this super chic fold over clutch tutorial. I still may make the clutch but it got me thinking that I could probably make my own laptop sleeve. I did some searching and found a tutorial on a blog called Stitched by Crystal. Thus my laptop case making began.

So far I have made one for myself and one for my friend for her birthday. The first one took me about 45 minutes or so to make. However for the second one, once I knew what I was doing, I had the whole thing completed in about 30 minutes. So you will see that it is pretty easy to learn how to make this practical little item. Since I used Crystal's step by step I am going to link her post rather then take her material. (No pun intended) I will show you some pics of the steps for reference, as well as the finished product.










"STITCHED by Crystal: Tutorial: Zippered laptop sleeve"

If you give this a go, I would love to see what you create. Happy stitching! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment