Thursday, June 25, 2015

4,000 Views & Being Honest

Hiya lovely reader! Oh my goodness, I logged on today to be greeted with the amazing fact that there have been over 4,000 views on "Not Exactly Plain Jane"! That is so amazing and exciting to me! Thank you so much!


If I'm honest, I haven't been extremely pleased with myself about the content that I have been putting out these past few months. Before I came home from school, I felt so ready to have time to get back into the swing of blogging. I had written out all these ideas for posts (some of which I have accomplished, but others I have not) but when I got home, I just felt like I had lost it. My enthusiasm for blogging was still there but I felt like my content was not up to par (still do to an extent) and just felt really down.


However, I have been doing some thinking lately and I think that my problem is that I have all these visions and goals for what I want this blog to be, but a lot of them aren't going to happen overnight, so until then I need to focus on what I can do and post about presently. My blog is my blog and I shouldn't be looking at people who have been doing this for years and years and compare my blog to theirs. I continue to work on this concept in my own life so it's silly to me that I started getting wrapped up in comparisons in the blogging world. Things will happen when and if they are meant to happen and until then I should just do my thing and trust myself.


So, my goal now is to treat this blog like I did when I started out and remember why I started this it in the first place. I am a creative person and this blog has been/is an amazing outlet for me to share my creations, as well as my interests, thoughts, and life events. There have been a few things that have happened lately, that I feel have re-lit my blogging fire and I am ready to go!


Cheer's to anyone who has contributed to these thousands of views and here's to thousands and thousands more! Now let's do this! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment