Wednesday, April 2, 2014

6 Things I Want to Do This Spring

Hiya lovely reader! I hope your April is going well. With spring already here for some and hopefully on its way for others, I thought I would do a reflective post of things that I want to try and do more of this spring and in the future. This post is inspired by Tanya Burr's "10 Things I Want To Do" post that she did on her blog a while ago. I really do believe that it's always nice to step back and evaluate how your live is going and what you want to do. So here are 6 Things I Want to Do This Spring!


1. Fill my space with flowers: As I have mentioned before I love having fresh flowers around! Whether it's a small arrangement of flowers in a mason jar or a massive bouquet, flowers can really brighten the mood of a room. I know it can get quiet expensive so I want to grow flowers and use them rather than buy!


2. Sit outside and read: As of now, there have not been very many nice days to do this, but I am going to take advantage of every beautiful day in the future for sure! Sitting outside and reading a book or a magazine while disconnecting from technology is always a good thing to do, whether it be for half hour or two hours. Recently I have really gotten back into reading and it really gives me a chance to turn off everything else and just immerse myself in a story. Currently I am reading "The Fault In Our Stars" and it is out of this world amazing!


3. Wear Dresses Daily: I love springtime because during the day you can go out and you no longer need a big coat, you can feel a sense of freedom and not have to cover up whatever cute outfit you are sporting. This spring I want to wear more dresses, I have been buying a lot more skirts and dresses with the plan of wearing them during the day. For a while I would only wear dresses if I was going to something that called for a bit of dressing up. But the ones that I have been buying are casual enough that they can be worn during the day to just hang out in or go shopping or to the park and I plan to do exactly that! 


4. Take Time to Meditate Once a Day: I mentioned this in my "App-y Days" post but I downloaded this meditation app called Calm and I want to take time to use it once a day. I have been using it, just not as frequently as I would like. You simply put it on your device and a woman will talk to you and teach you how to meditate, you can unlock more types of meditation the more you practice. I have found that it has helped my anxiety and is a nice thing to do in the evenings or mornings. 


5. Try New Hairstyles: I haven been more versatile with the hairstyles that I do, rather than going with the simple ponytail or down and natural. I am becoming more careless with whether or not it's something other people are wearing. I'm doing it simply because I like it and I want to wear my hair like that. If I feel like wearing a big bow in my hair then I'm gonna wear a big bow in my hair, if I want to wear flowers then I'm gonna wear flowers. (Z SNAP) 
I will leave a few videos tutorials that have some more simple hairstyles I love to wear.  




6: Take Tons of Pictures: Often times I will find myself in situations where I want to take a picture but hesitate wondering what will the people around me think, but going forward, if I want to take a picture of something then you can bet I'm gonna do it! If I think something is pretty or interesting and photo worthy then who is someone else to judge and who am I to care? My storage space, not theirs:) 

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post! I hope you manage to complete your list!
    Sian x
    madeinascot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete